THE METROPOLITAN TEA COMPANY YORKSHIRE HARROGATE TEA
Regular price $9.99
- Country of Origin: China, Kenya, India.
- Region: Yunnan, Kiambu, Nilgiri + Assam.
- Shipping Port: Hong Kong, Mombasa, Cochin + Calcutta.
- Grade: FTOP (Flowery Tippy Orange Pekoe), BP1 (Broken Pekoe 1), FBOP (Flowery Broken Orange Pekoe), BOP (Broken Orange Pekoe).
- Altitude: 4000 feet, 5000 feet, 5000 feet, 1500 feet above sea level
- Manufacturer Type: Orthodox
- Cup Characteristics: A lightly astringent cup becomes golden bright with milk.
- Infusions: Lightly astringent infusion becomes golden bright on milk.
- Ingredients: Black tea.
The second reason, and this is probably because of its wonderful water supply, Harrogate has long been famous for its proliferation of teashops. Tea and Harrogate have a shared history dating back to almost the first recorded instance of tea consumption in Britain. Nowadays, a visit to the old city is considered incomplete without a stop to Betty’s teashop for a good strong cup and a plate of pastries. And it must be true what they say, that a good cup of tea starts with the right water, because the tea served in Harrogate has a wonderfully sweetish cup you won’t find anywhere else.
The third reason Harrogate should have a tea named is after it is a little less obvious. The reason is simply that the city is home to a festival celebrating that most British of literary institutions - Crime. The annual Harrogate Crime Writing Festival brings together authors and readers alike to revel for a week in tales of greed, crime, and murder - very British - just think Jack the Ripper. Well, it occurred to our Master Taster that the best thing to do while curled up on a couch with a good crime novel was to sip a cup of tea. So, without further ado we present this blend. Full-bodied, with a deep rich flavor, this tea deserves a festival of its own. Brew a pot and let the celebration begin!